Purchasing Real Estate
Find a REALTOR® you can trust and then listen to the advice they offer.
No need to look any further. Dan Wilson PREC is that REALTOR®. During the often frustrating search for the perfect property you can often hit road blocks and find that all of your time is being used up by searching for properties just to find none of them match your needs. Dan Wilson PREC knows the local market and will save you time, frustration and find you the perfect home before someone else does.
Why buy with Dan Wilson PREC?
Here are some things that we think you may find helpful as you seek to find your new home.
While buying a new home is often one of the most exciting times, it is important that you know and understand all of the costs involved with the purchase of a new property. Here are the fees you can expect:
- Property Transfer Tax – 1% of the 1st $200,000 & 2% on the balance of the purchase price.
- Lawyer / Notary Fees – Includes your lawyer’s fees & registration of mortgage and certificate of title and disbursements.
- Appraisal Fee – Some lenders may require an appraiser’s report confirming that the purchase reflects fair market value.
- House Inspection Fee – When buying a property that is not brand new it is often a good idea to have a property inspection conducted on the property to pinpoint defects. This is not a lending institution requirement
- Property Tax Adjustment – Based on the “adjustment date,” you may have to reimburse the seller for prepaid property taxes.
- HST – HST is not payable on used residential housing. Some buyers may be eligible for partial HST rebates.
- First Time Home Buyers requirements – A first time home buyers may qualify for a full exemption with a purchase price of less than $425,000.00 (previously $375,000.00). A partial exemption is available if the purchase price is more than $425,000.00 but less than $450,000.00. Also, there is no longer a requirement for any financing.For more information, please see http://www.sbr.gov.bc.ca/documents_liberary/bulletins/PPT_004.pdf
Learn more about the most important financial decision you will face.
Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation offers a Home Buyer Step by Step Guide that may help you learn more about this important decision.
Figure out what you can afford, and how much you are willing to invest. Don’t spend more than you can afford.
Whether you are looking for a fixer upper home or a home to invest in by flipping, Dan Wilson PREC can help!
If you are seeking Penticton real estate with investment potential fill out this form and I can email you all the current listings in and around Penticton that have investment potential.
If you have any questions about selling your property or would like a property evaluation done contact Dan at 250-488-0159.
Testimonials from some of my satisfied clients
Dan was extremely helpful during the challenge time of covid in terms of helping us sell 3 properties. He was always available, managed difficult situations and negotiations. He was always professional and helpful. I would highly recommend Dan and will be using him any time I need a realtor.
Dan worked hard to sell our house, had quite a few showings and works to your schedule. He’s very professional and we would not hesitate to use his services again.
Dan has a laid back approach but he’s professional and effective. He’s knowledgeable about market trends in Penticton and has a wide network to draw on to serve his clients efficiently and get the best value for their home, including photographers and stagers. He’s been in Penticton long enough to know about the reputation of different builders and neighbour trends. Long before he got the listing, we spent a few years sorting out our needs and goals. Dan was always happen to help with answers and his time. Without hesitation, we recommend Dan Wilson as a realtor.
Dan Wilson is a Great guy, very knowledgeable and personable. I would use him again for future purchases.
Looking forward to seeing what properties he finds
Dan did a great job of communicating clearly and working with the buyers’ agent to make the deal happen. Thanks, Dan, for all your great help with selling Apex.
Dan’s reputation is well deserved. He makes you feel very comfortable with the whole sales process. You need to rely on your realtor to assess market conditions and recommend a list price that will not only provide you with maximize value but also garner immediate interest in the property as it hits the market. In our situation, this resulted in an immediate sale and we could not be happier.
Contact Dan Today!